- Maps and profiles (lecture and exercise), in German
- Geologische Kartierung (10 days of field work), in German
- Tectonics (Lecture, practical, 4 days of field work in Rhineland-Palatinate), in English
- Microtectonics (short course), in English
- Rheology (Practical), in English
- Geodynamics Project (5 days of field work in the Alps), in English and German
- Advanced mapping practical (10 days of field work in the Pyrenees), in English and German
- Sustainable Use of Earth Resources – Yachay Tech, Ecuador, 2017.
- Short course in 3D Structural Geology, Paleoenvironmental and Geophysical Methods, for Scientific Drilling as part of Hokkaido University’s Summer Institute (A past attendee’s blog post about it), 2015, 2017-2019. The next course will probably be in 2021.
The group does not currently have any salaried student positions to which you can directly apply. However, please don’t let that stop you from expressing your interest in working with us. If you email Prof. Toy, with a short statement about your academic and research history and future scientific interests, a CV, and an academic record, we will be well-placed to invite you to apply when positions suited to you become available.
Additionally, we maintain lists of potential Bachelor and Master projects for students enrolled in Uni Mainz.
We are always open to hosting postdoctoral researchers within our group. A variety of opportunities exist within the EU and Germany for you to apply for funding to support yourself, and we would enjoy assisting you scientifically and logistically with such applications. If you have a research idea and would like to work in our group, please contact email@example.com.